Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Creating a Cover Letter ...

Once the resume is completed, you’ll need a cover letter that works.

Probably the easiest thing to do here is show you a sample that will work.

***** 

Dear Mr. /or Ms. Employer (INSERT NAME HERE and -DO WHAT IT TAKES TO FIND THAT OUT!),

I am applying for a network security and administration position where my 9+ years of experience will add value for you. Please consider the following:

·        You will benefit from my networking background in security planning, documentation and implementation, network administration and support, backed by SANS Institute training.


As a Network Analyst, this security and network administration expertise has helped me:

·        maintain 100% security from viruses and network breaches for 250 end-users on three sites, in addition to 35+ remote users (1999-present);
·        enable a 95% performance gain while nearly eliminating costly shutdowns (from 192 lost hours annually to only eight) by cleaning up a Unix-based database (2005); and
·        increase 51% and ensure IT compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (2004-2005).

Now, I would like to bring this expertise to work for you. My salary requirements are negotiable and I look forward to speaking with you about the results you can expect from me.

Sincerely,

John Seeker
 

Enclosure: résumé

P.S. -- Please call me on my cell today (000-000-0000) to learn why my manager recently said: “John’s solid work ethic, his insistence on end user satisfaction, and his constantly developing skill set will make him an extremely valuable member of any organization.”

*****
Good Hunting!
Dana

No comments: