· The “Work History” will remain the same on most of the resumes you send out.
· You only need to go back 10 to 15 years or so.
· It is the “chronological” listing of work history, and blends in your education and volunteer work in a timeline.
· There should be no huge gaps showing here.
· The timeline always starts with the most current job and works its way backwards.
· Watch your formatting to make certain it is consistent throughout.
Here is how the section could look:
July 2007 to Current
Apprentice -- all basic plumbing skills
January 2001 to June 2007
Warehouse Worker -- Shipping and Receiving
Home Health Care (for Grandmother)
January 2000 to January 2001
Admistered basic home health care services
Nice and easy. No gaps in the history.
Tomorrow, I'll show you how to fill in the gaps if you have any -- and we'll finish the final sections of your resume.
Until then, good hunting!